Double Shot Walnut Cookies
100g plain flour
180g self raising flour
3 sachet Double Shot Instant White Coffee
1/2 cup (70g) quick-cooking rolled oats
120g Icing sugar
1 tsp baking soda
60g toasted walnut (ground)
150g clarified butter
80g warm corn oil
1 beaten egg
1/2 tsp fine salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Some chopped walnut for topping
1 sachet Gold Kili Instant 2 In 1 Espressccino
2 tbsp hot water and 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar (to desired consistency)
Method preparation and baking :
1. Sift flour, Double Shot White coffee, baking soda and Icing sugar into mixing bowl.
2. Blend in ground walnut, thoroughly into flour mixture.
3. Draw a hole at the center of flour mixture then add in salt, clarified butter, corn oil , beaten egg, salt and vanilla extract stirring till salt are well dissolved into oil then slowly mix and bind up all flour mixture forming a soft dough.
4. Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Drop each cookie dough on to baking sheet and roll out to a large circular disc about
Almond Rose Milk Tea Cookie - Chef Lisa
150g Golden Crisco (shortening)
100g soft butter
160g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla Essence
380g all-purpose flour
15g dried rose flower petals (finely crushed)
1 sachet Gold Kili Double Shot Instant White Milk Tea
80g ground almond
1 tsp baking powder
1. In a large mixer bowl, cream crisco, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla at medium speed of electric mixer until light and creamy. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, Gold Kili Double Shot Instant White Milk Tea, ground almond, crushed rose flower petals, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add to creamed mixture. Using our hands, gently mix and stir until a dough is formed.
2. Cover dough and chill for 1 hour for easy rolling. Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll half the portion of a dough at a time.
3. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes and place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored decorations or leave plain to decorate when cool.
4. Bake at 170°C for 15-20 mins, or until edges are light brown. (Time will vary with cookie size.) Next let cookies cool slightly before removing from baking tray to cooling rack.
Chef ’s tips :
Do not bake over high temperature so that the rose and tea retains its fragrance and colour. Use hands to crush the dried rose and remove the sepals.
Fried Fish with Mango Peach Sauce - Chef Lisa
1 (800G) Snapper Fish (Medium Whole)
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
½ sachet Gold Kili Double Shot Instant White Milk Tea
½ cup Rice flour
½ cup Plain flour
Cooking oil for frying fish
2 Mangoes (firm unripe - julienne)
1 cup Canned Peaches (julienne)
6 Red Bird’s Eye Chillies (coarsely minced)
½ cup Roasted Peanuts (coarsely chopped)
Some Coriander Leaves
Peach Jam Dressing:
5 tbsp Frezfruta Peach Jam
1/2 cup lemon juice
8 shallots (sliced)
4 garlic (finely minced)
6 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
3 tbsp fish sauce (to taste)
2 tbsp palm sugar syrup
½ tsp salt (to taste)
For Garnishing: Some coriander leaves & 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
Fruity Jam Puff
Recipe by Chef Lisa Leong
Fruit Puff Fillings (Yield 10 Puffs)
1 bottle of Frezfruta Mixed Fruit Jam (450g)
2 Tbsp lemon zests
3 large Red Apple, diced (blanched apple in lemon stock)
1 tsp vanilla
Frezfruta Apple Blueberry Jam (for glazing)
Preparations: Briefly cooked blanched apple with 2 tables mixed fruit Jam. Allows cooling before mixing with the bottle of balance mixed fruit Jam
Ready PUFF Pastry:
1 package frozen puff pastry thawed according to package directions
Goldilocks Coffee Agar-Agar
1 sachet Gold Kili Kopi O
200 ml Boiling water
4 Egg yolks
1 can Evaporated milk
2 pkts Agar-Agar powder
1 can Evaporated milk
500 ml Kara santan
900 ml Water
320 gm Sugar
1. Steep the sachet of Gold Kili Kopi O (Ingredients A) with boiling water and leave aside for a few minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix Ingredients B and strain it.
3. In a pot, boil all Ingredients A, Ingredients B and Ingredients C till cooked.
4. Once cooked, scoop out some of this mixture and mix with Ingredients D and leave aside. (Tip : Keep stirring this to avoid any lumps)
5. Pour some of the mixture into any tray and leave to harden a bit.
6. Use desired cutter and cut out some designs. Remove the cut designs and pour in the mixture that has been mixed with Ingredients D.