Orange Marmalade Streusel Tart
Ingredient A (Pate Sucree)
180 gm Plain flour
70 gm Icing sugar
¼ tsp Baking powder
1 (@50gm) Egg
30 gm Ground almonds
90 gm Butter
Ingredient B (Custard)
500ml (Divide into 2) Fresh milk
80 gm Fine sugar
80 gm Butter
40 gm Custard powder
1/2 tbsp Vanilla essence
¼ tsp Salt
15gm Corn flour
Ingredients C (Streusel)
50 gm Plain flour
50 gm Butter
50 gm Ground almonds
50 gm Icing sugar
Some Frezfruta Orange Marmalade Jam
Method (Ingredient A)
1. Using a beater, mix sifted plain flour, icing sugar and baking powder.
2. Add in the butter and beat again.
3. Add in egg and ground almonds and mix well.
4. Cling wrap the dough and chill for a few hours.
5. Roll out the dough till 3mm thick. Cut circular discs and place inside lined greased tart moulds.
6. Chill till needed.
Method (Ingredient B)
1. In a pot, boil butter, ½ of milk, sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix egg, balance ½ of milk, corn flour and custard powder. Mix well.
3. Remove from heat and add in egg mixture and bring to boil.
4. Cool down before using.
Method (Ingredient C)
1. Using a beater, mix all Ingredients C it comes together. Chill before use.
1. Take out chilled lined tart molds.
2. Pipe some custard into the tarts and cover the top with some Frezfruta Orange Marmalade Jam.
3. Cover the Frezfruta Orange Marmalade Jam with chilled streusel.
4. Bake in a 180ºC oven for about 18 – 20 minutes till golden brown
Pancakemisu - Ellena Guan
(Serves: 4 | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 30 minutes)
• 5 Slices Of Danish Bread
• ¼ Cup Frezfruta Orange Marmalade
• 3 Egg (55g each)
• 200ml Milk
• 100ml Thicken Cream
• Zest of ½ Orange
• 1 Tablespoon Caster Sugar, optional
• Some Julienned Orange Zest, optional
1. Using a balloon whisk, mix cake flour, baking powder, sugar and Gold Kili Instant Double Shot White Coffee together till well mixed.
2. Whisk egg and milk in another bowl till combined.
3. Slowly whisk egg mixture into the flour ingredients follow by melted butter (do not overmix the batter or you would end up having tough and rubbery pancakes).
4. Lightly grease a non-stick pancake pan, ladle in 2 tablespoons of prepared batter, swirl the pan and cook pancake over medium low heat.
5. Turn the pancake over when large air holes appears on the surface of the pancake, cook for another 1 minute or more depending on its thickness. Repeat the process to finish the batter.
6. To assemble the Pancakemisu, spread each piece of pancake with a layer of cream cheese then dust it with some cocoa powder using a fine sieve.
7. Stack up the pancake and serve immediately with a cup of Gold Kili Instant Double Shot White Coffee to perk up your treat.
FUDGY MARSHMALLOW-TOPPED BROWNIES
150g semisweet chocolate, chopped
113g unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
136g all-purpose flour
5g baking powder
100g Corniche Mini Marshmallows
180g semisweet, bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter. Put chopped chocolate in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stop, stir and microwave for 30 seconds longer. Stir and set aside to cool slightly.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate, vanilla and salt; combine well. Fold in dry ingredients until even.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes. Test doneness of brownie by inserting a tooth pick. It is cooked when the toothpick comes out clean.
4. While brownies are still warm, sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips on top. Return to oven for 2 minutes to melt toppings.
5. Remove and leave to cool before slicing. Serve warm or chilled with your favorite ice cream.